Slideshow

Friday, May 1, 2009

A Mess of a Day

The day started out with William putting on my mascara while I was getting dressed. Apparently it was not pushed back on the bathroom counter far enough and he snatched it and ran. When I finally caught up to him...this is what I found!!

Later in the day my sweet son decided he did not need to take a nap. He also decided (while not napping) that he did not like the lamp in his room so he broke it! I hear him crying...the kind that makes you drop what you are doing and run kind of cry....and open the door to his room to find him sitting in his crib holding part of a broken light blub in his hand. Luckily he was not cut up...not sure how that happened but I am very thankful!! No trip to the ER...yet. There were pieces of glass everywhere! And they were all VERY tiny. I strip William down to his diaper and then remove everything on the bed. Then I vacuumed the room...no less than ten times to make sure I got every little piece of glass. Once everything is back in order I check out the lamp. The place where the light bulb was supposed to fit is completely broken! How my son managed to do this and electrocute himself is a miracle! William is no longer allowed to have lamps in his room!

No comments: